Back to Home

Active Questions

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is a major psycho and won't stop harassing me! Help please! Any advice?
Dating / 8:28 AM - Wednesday February 18, 2009

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is a major psycho and won't stop harassing me! Help please! Any advice?

My boyfriend's ex is still in love with him. She won't leave either of us alone. She calls me, texts, IMs, Facebook messages, etc. It never seems to end. And she just says the nastiest, most un-called for things. I refuse to be nasty back, but she won't leave either of us alone. A couple of weeks ago, it looked to be a wedge in our relationship. But now he totally doesn't care about her and it's just annoying. Especially when she contacts him; it gets me so angry. Please help!

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, New York

Read more about the Rating System

What steps besides ignoring her have either of you taken? You can block who contacts and who's allowed to message you on Facebook. You both can block numbers or at least primary numbers she's calling from on your cellphones. You both should save every Text, every voice mail and so on in case this needs to go to Restraining Order level.

I wouldn't engage her because "crazy" does not have the rational to understand "Crazy" and it'd only inspire her most likely. Just keep it all and make it a legal issue before she somehow does...

- Response by thottienc, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Take his example and follow the same rule !!!!
You shouldn't care about her... More you annoyed less luck he will not take you as histerical as his ex ...
He point is for you two to fight so???? is that what you want? You want to be another ex of his? Don't think so.

So cut your emotions and start be smarter then her...She is pity thing... Ignore anything she say or write...Its just additional confirmation for all that his decision splitting with her has been correct...

You life don't depend on her! ;) Its two of you in relation not three of you. Ex is EX ;)

- Response by faceful, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, Rome, Who Cares?

Rating Received:

Punch her lights out!!!!!

- Response by rafiki910, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Boston, Body Work

Rating Received:

If she annoys you two so much, just change numbers and block her or better yet report her on facebook/msn/messenger. Problem solved! or tell her you'dd call police on her.

- Response by chichek, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Moscow, Other Profession

Rating Received:

Though it would be funner to key her car and put sugar in her gas tank the best way is to file a no contact order through your local general sessions court.If your greedy you can file harrasment charges through your local civil court and ask for compensation for the inconvienience.

General sessions is free though if she is found quilty she will have to pay court costs of $150 or so plus fine.Civil court will cost you about $65-$85 or so but you get it back if you win.

Don't forget the proof,texts on your phone from hers,voice mail recordings,print out of your face book page etc.

- Response by justme38271, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Consulting

Rating Received:

ignore it don't let it get to you. your boyfriend will notice your calmness and secretly admire it. :-)

- Response by ixkidd, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Financial / Banking

Rating Received:


- Response by maureen04986, An Engaged Girl, Female, 36-45, Food Service

Rating Received:

Talk back, and stand your ground. With tact. The worst thing you could do is stoop down to her level. This chick will try everything and anything to break you two up. Then block all forms of communication. If that doesn't work, there's always filing for harassment. You have that right, this IS America after all.

- Response by sassylilscarlette08, An Alternative Girl, Female, 26-28, Portland, Artist / Musician / Writer

Rating Received:

O.K. so you have a stalker. It happens sometimes. Here is what you do, first you change the privacy setting on all your networking sites, then you and your boyfriend each change your phone numbers. If that does not work and by some act of God she gets a hold of your contact info, then I suggest you save everything and get a restraining order.

- Response by loislane69, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, New York, Self-Employed

Rating Received:

When she start to said the nastiest things, try to wish her have a good day, hope god bless her, etc etc until she can't stand herself for unable to bother you two relationship and stop bothering you.

- Response by map888, A Thinker, Male, 26-28

Rating Received: